Friday, January 23, 2009

I think I can....I think I can....

This picture is completely how I feel! Although I'd have added a little daydreaming cloud of my bed and pillow...definitely wish I could get more sleep. :) Anyway, I sort of fail in the blogging department lately. Let's see, what have we been up to... Theron was home for this past weekend. It was GREAT! We got the chance to go to the temple together on Saturday. It's been a while since we've made it work to go at the same time. Then we got a ton done around the house. The workshop area has always sort of been left as is since we moved in and we unpacked and sorted about 70% of it. There's still a lot to be done. I dusted off my treadmill and have been running a mile every night since Monday. I'm starting small for the first two weeks says my personal trainer Tali! rofl..;) Anyway, that's been really great and the energy increase in just the past few days is really nice. Dad's been in Golden, Colorado visiting Uncle Denis and Aunt Ruth. He's wanted to get down there for a while now and with his work cutting back on employees, he took his lay off as a chance to get out and see those he's wanted to for a some time. He had his shoulder xrayed and even had an MRI but found that the tear to his rotator cuff is minor and can be repaired with physical therapy. That's a relief! He's headed home today though and we're excited to see him again. We've miss him! Anyway, we seem to be doing really well. I've found myself more thoughtful the last little while and really thinking of all the things I'm grateful for. As often as my kids drive me insane with their selective hearing, I love spending time with them. We had a great Monopoly game the other night thanks to Michael for suggesting it. Even in the car when driving somewhere with the little bickering here and there, I am really happiest when I get to spend time with my family. I have a feeling I'll be one of those mom's that has a really really hard time when the kids start leaving the nest. :) HA! HA! So to my kids, even though I have a short fuse at times or less patience than I should, I love you with all my heart and wouldn't trade you for the world!!!! I'm glad to be your MOM! :)

2 shout outs from the peaunt gallery:

Hyrum and Kristi Partridge said...

Wow Alice great bolg, Your an amazing person.

The Lairds said...

haha, I love the multi tasking mom picture. My kids suffer from the same affliction. They have selective hearing as well. It drives me bonkers!